By Tracy Johnson and Social Media expert Lisa Waters.
You probably have a Twitter account. And you probably tweet, at least once in a while. But to love Twitter is to understand Twitter. Mastering it is complicated and elusive. That’s why we call it radio’s red-headed stepchild.
Twitter is the most misunderstood and misused. But it can be a powerful communication tool for radio shows. It’s only been around since 2006, but how it’s, and what the audience expects from Twitter has changed. So update your strategy!
Get more followers and convert them to fans by unlocking the power of Twitter
- How to learn to love Twitter by embracing feeding the audience’s passion for instant gratification.
- Find out how listeners actually use the platform. Then adjust tactics to fit into those usage patterns.
- The mechanics of Twitter will reveal how often to tweet, the best ways to engage listeners, and the type of content that attracts the most reaction.
- Get examples from great radio stations building their influence and audience on this platform.
- And we show examples that are a total Twitter fail!
- Don’t start Twitter if you’re not ready, willing, and able to do this one thing!
- The biggest mistake: Crossing the line from sharing to selling. How to stay on the right side of that line.
- Twitter is one of the best tools to attract new listeners, but you have to know how to do it! We show you.
- Know when and how to use #, @ to find audiences you could never reach any other way – for free!
- Solving the radio dilemma: Should you have separate accounts for the personalities?