What is more important for a radio personality: Great content or great hooks? The answer seems obvious, but it’s not. The key to a great segment is starting with a strong hook. Otherwise, listeners aren’t paying attention when you get to the good stuff. In the It’s All About The Hook seminar, you’ll learn how to get talk segments off to a fast start to grab and hold listener attention.
It’s All About The Hook Seminar
The key to a great segment is starting with a strong hook. Otherwise, listeners aren’t paying attention when you get to the good stuff. Learn how to get segments off to a fast start.
Why Are Hooks So Important?
- The 7-second challenge is real…but it’s often misunderstood.
- Why weak hooks cause listeners to say, “They talk too much”.
- Details that demonstrate why great hooks are critical.
Characteristics of Strong Hooks
- How to create hooks that cause talk segments to shine.
- Real-life examples of great hooks that use these concepts.
- This show prep cheat code makes hooks sparkle.
How To Fix Bad Hooks
- Simple adjustments that turn bad hooks into good ones.
- Test your skill to see how well you can fix weak hooks.
- Next steps to becoming a better hooker!
What They Say About This Seminar
“I absolutely loved your seminar on Great Hooks. Perhaps your best yet. I always prided myself for great teases, but I don’t think I really ever considered hooks I worked on putting a great hook at the front of every break this morning. I even rewrote the first chapter of my second novel so I can “grab the reader by the throat.” Thanks for making my show better today!” -Hawkeye in the Morning, KSCS/Dallas
“Wow, All About The Hook is a great seminar. You really ARE the master of detail when it comes to talent coordination.” -Todd Wallace, Legendary Programmer
Free Bonus: Question and Answer Session From It’s All About The Hook Seminar: