It seems a new tragedy captures the world’s attention weekly. Radio personalities are uniquely qualified to be a go-to source in difficult times, but most are not equipped to deal with emergencies when they happen.
When extraordinary events occur, listeners count on the radio to help them through it. This 35-page eBook shows you how to respond at a moment’s notice to any type of tragedy or emergency. whether it’s local, national, or international.
Use it to establish policies, guidelines, and ideas to further your position as an irreplaceable part of each listener’s life.
- How to respond in times of emergency without changing character or brand values.
- Should you cover the event as a news story or not?
- The most important steps to take immediately.
- Why most stations miss the moment and are late to react.
- Doing the right thing in times of stress may not be a great ratings move. Does it matter?
- Should you stage a community event? If so, how?
- Dealing with the deaths of celebrities the right way.
- Advanced Preparation: A detailed checklist to build resources to help with any emergency or tragedy.