It’s kind of sad that many radio stations (and companies) have shut down April Fools’ jokes on the air. It can be a terrific way to advance a personality’s storyline and create attention.
A good prank can help if performed well and within character brand expectations for the personalities.
There are three basic rules to follow:
- Be clever. Don’t settle for low-hanging fruit!
- Make it fun.
- Stay out of trouble! Make sure management is on board with the prank.
Make April Fools’ Day Fun Again with this programming guide to create an attention-getting prank and have fun with the audience. Loaded with advice and ideas to make your pranks a success. This is a thorough guide to keep your station (and you) out of trouble and have fun with listeners.
The book is filled with winning pranks that can be updated and adapted for nearly any brand, format, and personality.
- What to do…and what not to do.
- How To Stay Out Of Trouble: Important considerations to save the station’s license and your job!
- April Fools’ Do’s and Dont’s: A checklist to create a fun, yet clever promotion…and avoid weak ideas.
- Classic April Fools’ Radio Pranks: A library of ideas to borrow and use, with a description of what makes each idea a success.