by Tracy Johnson
The 2-minute drill is a weekly video featuring radio consultant and talent coach Tracy Johnson. Each short episode focuses on an aspect of personality radio. Tracy talks about how radio personalities should use audio clips on the air.
- Audio drops should always work FOR the entertainment, not vice-versa.
- Audio must add to the story being told.
- It should also move the storyline forward.
- Personalities must set up the audio to make it more effective.
- Only use audio that is clear and easy to understand.
- Be careful using audio captured from video sources.
The Radio Storyteller's Toolbox shows even the most experienced air personalities how to polish storytelling skills by strengthening 7 key skills. Developing personalities will learn the most important attributes that will improve on-air performance.
Is This Really Radio's Most Valuable Resource For Personalities Programmers and Promotion Managers?