Have you thought about creating a new revenue stream? This one is fast, easy, and highly effective. It’s never been easier to leverage your brand with merchandising.
Iconic brands with loyal followers increase their presence and generate huge profits through merchandising. Fans will pay to show off what they love.
- Many bands make more money from t-shirts, hats, and other items than concert ticket sales.
- Sports team generate tens of millions of dollars selling logo’d merchandise.
- Nike has turned its familiar swipe logo into a fashion statement.
And now, it’s fast, easy, and free to start merchandising your brand.
Merchandising Your Radio Station
For the past few months, I’ve been working with digital marketing company WP Hatch to create, manage, and handle all details for online merchandise shops for a few select consulting clients. The stores have been wildly popular, and the company is now extending its Radio Swag Shop services to all radio stations.
They’ve figured out the perfect model for radio shows.
- There is no cost. Ever. No setup fee. No management fee. Not even online hosting costs. It’s free!
- The company handles all details, including fulfillment, customer support, payments, and inventory management.
- Setup is fast. Fill out a form online, upload your artwork, and your store will be open for business in 48 hours.
- Payments are sent at the end of every month with a full accounting of sales.
There are dozens of products to choose from. Not surprisingly, face masks and neck gaiters are among the best-selling items so far.
But Will Anyone Buy Your Stuff?
Yes, they will. A recent Jacobs Media study shows that nearly 1 in 4 listeners would be interested in purchasing station branded merchandise.
Get details on the full report here. Another 27% say they might be interested. That’s significant.
And there are other benefits:
- Create product variations. You can have a product for anything. A catchphrase from the morning show can be on hoodies and hats in just a few hours. It’s fast and easy to add a new product.
- Some stations reinvest profits from sales to fund giveaways.
- Two clients are donating proceeds to their charity/cause to drive more sales.
- Items can be co-branded with advertisers and sponsors to generate non-spot sales.
- You could even set up and manage a shop for advertisers to sell merchandise through Radio Swag Shop.
- Purchase affordable products for your employees and team to wear at events and promotions.
Look into Radio Swag Shop. Merchandising your brand is a great way to connect with fans and could become a valuable source of new revenue. And with this model, there’s nothing to lose, and much to gain.
Download the Radio Swag Shop information packet here.
Download “Radio Swag Shop Information”Radio-Swag-Shop-one-sheet.pdf – Downloaded 208 times – 2.30 MB